Graham Baker Oct 27, 2019 20:41:52 GMT -5
Post by theaviatorgb on Oct 27, 2019 20:41:52 GMT -5
October 24th, 1993. (27)
PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING CAREER
The Aviator, The Savior, Messiah on the Mat.
Johnny St. Cloud, PROJO, Freedom Pro Dojo, Jack Sevren.
Tweener-leaning-face, Baker's previous antics and cocky attitude whilst in his world title reigns have soured the fans upon him, but his matches and desire to impress the fans as well as his never-say-die attitude and insane aerial ability mixed with impressive strikes and submissions have begun to win the crowds back over. Still, Baker's cheating antics will often sour the crowd, especially against crowd favorites where he will be determined to prove how good he is.
January 15th, 2017.
A true hybrid wrestler, Baker's brutal blend of stiff strikes, violent submissions and aerial maneuvers leave him as a 'jack of all trades, master of none'. Baker's just as quick to lock in an armbar as he is to hit an intense manuever from the top rope. Baker's intense hybrid moveset leaves his opponent guessing and keeps them on their toes to adapt to every new trick.
A man who's lost his way with the fans and is looking for his way back up, Graham Baker has sought to return to his spot as 'the ace' of professional wrestling, looking to take the sport on his back and carry every company to new heights. Baker's still haunted by shadows of his world title runs and his actions during them, but he looks to redeem himself through his new widespread appearances.
STRENGTHS: (minimum of 1, maximum of 3)
--Vicious submission maneuvers that, when succesfully locked in, will often do major damage and lead to the end of a match.
--Never-say-die attitude, leading to Baker having immense resiliency when faced with incredibly strong opponents, who often have to go to extreme measures to put him down.
--Baker's got a variety of matches and performances under his belt, so he's able to quickly adapt to most circumstances and match types.
FLAWS: (minimum of 1, maximum of 3)
--Self-doubt due to his recent change of character, often leading to him being distracted by opportunities to cheat as he would before leading to his downfall.
--His headstrong attitude and brazen-ness often lead to him getting into situations well over his head.
--Inability to give in, often leading to him sustaining greater damage from submissions and other circumstances, sometimes leading to him 'passing out' after great damage has been done from him attempting not to tap out.
'Blood//Water' (Tom Morello Remix) by grandson
Baker emerges from backstage with the back of his jacket to the crowd as the song starts out, pointing two finger-guns to the screen as the chorus kick-up begins, before he swings around as 'Blood In The Water!' plays out from the chorus. Baker slaps hands with the fans, mostly those who are wearing gear that supports him or are cheering him, before hopping up onto the apron and springboarding into the ring. He rolls to a stop, pointing two finger-guns or middle fingers at his opponents.
FINISHING MOVES (maximum of 2 + 1 ultra finisher + 1 flash pin)
- JDAM Pumphandle Death Valley Driver, occasionally spinning or sit-out.
- Emergency Landing Rotating Armbar Variations, most usually a snap cross armbar or a mounted armbar (Dis-Arm-Her)
- Cloudwalker (ULTRA FINISHER) Crucifix Armbar with North-South Elbows applied to the head, often to a point of submission or knockout.
- Cadet's Roll Schoolboy Roll-Up.
SIGNATURE MOVES (maximum of 5)
- Death Roll Dragon OR Butterfly Suplex, dropped into a cross armbar.
- Nasty Landing Chaos Theory German Suplex dropped into a cross armbar.
- Flak Gun Spinning Powerbomb into a running knee strike to the back of the head.
- Psalm Twenty-Knee Running Busaiku Knee to a standing or kneeling opponent, often out of nowhere.
- Kiss Your Ass Goodbye Wrist-Clutch Brainbuster, occasionally dropped to the knee.
- Various kicks, including dropkicks, superkicks, enziguris, pele kicks, hook kicks, etc. Baker favors dropkicks to do more damage.
- Various knee strikes, including step-up, bicycle, and Regal knees to do heavy damage to his opponents.
- Suplexes to disorient and displace his opponents, most commonly German, Tiger, Exploder, Saito and Dragon Suplexes. Baker can also do most of these in bridging and top rope variations.
- High flying moves, including top rope dives, dives to the outside, and springboard maneuvers onto opponents on both the outside and inside of the ring.
- Arm-based strikes, including forearms, lariats, discus variations, palm strikes, elbow strikes, and, on occasion, closed fists.
- Arm-targeted maneuvers, including shoulder-breakers, arm-breakers, simple armbars, arm-wrench moves and others to weaken an opponent's arm for Baker's signature Emergency Landing submission.
- On occasion, Baker will break out a fireman's carry maneuver, most commonly a neckbreaker, backbreaker, or cutter.
- Baker will often use machine gun chops, close range knee strikes, brutal kicks and other strikes to do grave, visible damage to the body, wearing them down and weakening them for a finishing maneuver.
- Variety of takedowns, mainly legsweeps and two-leg wrestling takedowns to counter moves like powerbombs and counter anything that would put the opponent off-balance.
- Variety of drivers, including Fisherman Drivers, Small Package Drivers, and Backslide Drivers. Baker will use these in spike variants to do grave damage to the necks of his enemies.
- Desperation moves, like suicide dives, headbutts, and anything violent to take an opponent out.
- Avalanche maneuvers, most commonly powerbombs, Code Reds, Frankensteiners and Spanish Flies.
- Springboard maneuvers, most commonly cutters, dropkicks, and knees.
- Flash roll-ups as counters to finishers in desperation sequences.
A relative newcomer to the world of high-profile professional wrestling, Baker began his career under the tutelage of Johnny St. Cloud after coming to the United States following a failed training attempt at the PROGRESS Dojo. Under St. Cloud, he learned to hone his submission skills, striking, and high-flying to create his unique 'Aviator' style. Baker would find his first major contract with Freedom Pro Wrestling, a company that gave him his first real start and real bit of exposure, leading to his landmark reign with the Freedom Pro Wresting Heavyweight Championship. Baker would defend the title around the world, going to ALPHA Wrestling and signing a second contract, eventually winning their Ragnarok Royale, and both the ALPHA Tag Team Championships and ALPHA World Heavyweight Championship. With most of his success in his ten year career coming at the recent era, Baker has looked to expand, using his newfound pedigree to leverage himself into bigger and better companies. Baker views himself as a pariah, putting the 'sport' of professional wrestling and the honor associated with it on his back and using his performances and never-say-die attitude to bring companies into a new era, although some disagreeing with him may find themselves butting heads and, in some cases, in his crosshairs.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Preferred name:
--Two plus years RP'ing, one year as staff.
- Preferred means of contact:
--Twitter or discord.